A website redesign project involves a great amount of effort, time, and money. It is undertaken to give the website a fresh look for improved visibility in the SERPs and to offer a better customer experience. If done right, a well-designed website is the most powerful marketing tool. Not only does it improve your brand credibility, but it also increases traffic and conversions to the website.
“As per Business 2 Community, the average lifespan for a website is 1.5 to 2.5 years.”
Here is a complete website redesign checklist, to help you make your next website redesign a success.
Let’s get going!
Step 1: Assemble a great web design team in Melbourne
The first step is gathering a team of professional website designers in Melbourne, who know their job well. They should understand the task at hand and have the expertise and knowledge to complete the redesigning projects within the given timelines and stipulated budget.
Step 2: Analyse and assess the performance quotient and features of your existing website.
For this, you need to prepare a checklist to answer the following queries:
- Have your business goals changed, would you like to change your current branding?
- Does our website function properly? Proper functioning of buttons, CTAs, customer support, page loading speed, and more.
- Is it easy to perform updates on your website?
- Do you have a content management system?
- Can our target audience easily navigate and find the best content to address their needs?
- Is our website currently optimised for mobile devices?
- Is your business website converting leads?
Based on the above answers, you will get a fair idea of how much effort to put in for a website redesign.
Step 3: Determine a website redesign goal
When you redesign a website, there should be a valid reason behind it. Once you are decided, convey the goals to your colleagues and web design team in Melbourne. Here are goals that you might consider while redesigning the website:
- To increase the number of visits and visitors and reduce the bounce rate
- To increase time on site(improve browsing experience)
- To improve domain authority
- To increase the total new leads and total sales generated
- To improve SEO rankings for important keywords
You could settle on one or all of these goals, depending upon the current performance of your website.
Step 4: Drafting and early prototype
This stage is important as you create a base for your new website. It is easier to identify and eliminate loopholes at this stage. Making changes at this stage is easier and less expensive than when the development starts.
Step 5: Design, develop, and review
It’s finally time to go ahead with the actual designing process. If you hire a seasoned web design agency in Melbourne, they will keep you notified of all the progress, changes, or roadblocks that they encounter during the implementation stage. There are designs to be reviewed and last-minute changes to be made. Make sure you are a part of all major decisions that are made with respect to the redesign process.
Once the final design is ready, your Melbourne web designers can run a series of tests and trials to check the efficiency of the new website. Take reviews from potential clients and stakeholders and keep optimising for the best outcome.